Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Our first playdate

So, the kids and I just got back from our first official playdate. We went over to Reality (for her professed love of reality television) and Size 11's (for her incredible shoe size) house (Reality is the mom and my friend, and Size 11 is the daughter and The Girl's friend). The Boy came and played with Ahya (for the way The Boy pronounces her real name), the other daughter. The kids had a good time. The girls played dress-up, and Barbies, and Polly Pockets, and all that good girly stuff. We had lunch there. Chicken nuggets, fruit cocktail, and chocolate pudding. Sounds like something I would serve, minus the pudding. I'm not that nice. I had a good time, too. Reality and I just hung out and talked. Moved from room to room, following the little ones. By the time we left at 1:45, all four of the kids were beat. Tired, I mean. We came home and my kids went straight to bed. I think Reality's were going to bed when we left, too. God bless children who still sleep in the middle of the day.

So, that was our excitement for the day. Some other things going on...well, The Hubster and I have another counseling appointment today. Maybe he'll actually talk this time. I'm hoping at the end of April/beginning of May to be taking a photography class with J (my oldest sister, for those of you who don't know). And I may have an opportunity to play indoor soccer on Wednesday nights. I have to think about it and talk to The Hubster about it.

Okay, that's it for now. Just wanted to share. Lata'!

2 comments:

Kimi said...

I'm glad that you shared. Good luck at your appointment. I'll say a prayer that he'll open up. I think the soccer would be good for you, try and do it...he's got his softball, u need something too. And I'm glad you found a friend outside the family you can hang out with...even if she has the same name as you.

Erin (nickname: Erna) said...

I don't think you should have clarified "beat." I thought it was funny to say, "by the time we left, all four kids were beat" and allow sick people like me to chuckle at that.

Your scrapbook pages are looking pretty dang sweet. I love 'em. I might ask you to help me with my picture board.

Oh, and you should play soccer again. I play soccer and it is super fun. And I am not on a team with a dorky name like, "The Smurfs".

Awesome.

Erin