Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ouch, ouch, ouch...

So, I had another soccer game last night. My quads were still kind of sore from my one last week. Well, I go out on the field to start warming up. I jog a little bit, play with the ball. Then, I pass the ball to somebody. And BAM! Pulled my right quad muscle. Like, major. Shortly after, I pulled my left quad. But not quite as bad (probably 'cause I don't use that leg nearly as much as my right leg).

I seriously had no power or strength in my legs. I could barely kick the ball, and everytime I did kick it, it felt like my leg just totally gave out under me. I had to kneel down everytime I passed the ball, because my leg would just buckle.

Of course, being the idiot that I am, I didn't sit out the game. Hey, we didn't have a whole lot of subs. So, by the end of the game it was even worse. I couldn't get into the car normally. I had to sit down on the seat first, the lift my right leg and basically pull it into the car, and then swing my left leg in. I went to Target before I had to pick up The Girl at church (Looking for bath add-in for sore muscles. They didn't have it. Gotta' go to Wal-Mart, I guess.). I probably looked ridiculous, hobbling around there. I couldn't even bend my right knee, because it hurt my quad too much.

I don't feel too bad. There was another lady there, Kelly, who had the EXACT same injury as me. Last week was both of our first games. We were both sore for the same two days after. And we both still had a little bit of soreness in our quads. Then we both pulled our quads at the game. Niiiiiiice.

I put some ice on it last night while I was watching TV. Actually on both of them. And I took Tylenol and Advil last night. They are feeling better today. I put some IcyHot on it after my shower. And I'm going to take some Advil before we hit Old Navy. Sweeeeettt....Old Navy. Yay!

Okay, I'm going to go brush my teeth. And think about waking up The Boy. He's taking a very early nap. So we can go. Lata'.

1 comment:

Kimi said...

Sucks to be you...and that other chick too. Do you not stretch before and after a game? =) Kidding, hope they feel better soon.