Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What's on your list today?

"You'll find it at Fred Meyer."

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  I had to finish the jingle.

Not much has been going on here in Podunk the last few days.  Just chillin' out...maxin'..relaxin' all cool...

Oops.  There I go again.

We enjoyed our long weekend.  The date Friday night was great.  Paul Blart: Mall Cop was hilarious.  I'm sure my husband was embarrassed by how loud I was laughing.  

Saturday we went over to Denton & Dora's and had dinner with everybody.  Good food, as always.  We didn't stay to play cards, though.

Sunday was church.  Then home for naps.  Well, naps for everyone but me.  I was on the computer when I should have been sleeping.  I was on the Diaper Pin forums, my new obsession.  

Sunday night I went to.....ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!?!  Choir practice.  Haha.  Yes, I went to choir practice.  They decided to start an adult choir at our church, and since I've recently discovered that I like to sing, and have actually been told that I'm fairly decent at it, I thought I'd give it a try.  Besides the fact that I was the youngest one there by about 20 years, that I didn't know any of the songs we sang, and that I don't know how to read music, it was all good.  The old folks at our church are some of the nicest people you will ever meet (I guess there are some good things about living in the country), and I felt very comfortable.  I will be going back next Sunday, so it couldn't have been too bad, right?

Monday morning I had my first prenatal appointment (I was 10 weeks on Sunday).  Nothing special.  Just height, weight, BP, blood draw.  I got to hear the heartbeat.  She kind of had to hunt around for it, and it was pretty quiet.  Nothing like Zeke, who was kicking the wand-thingy the whole time.  The heartbeat was about 160, which is what Zeke's was too (another boy, maybe?).  I came home afterwards and we just hung out for the rest of the day.  Oh, and I pretty much Pinned the whole day (I told you I'm obsessed).

Today, I got up and got back on Diaper Pin.  Got Sierra off to school, went to the store, and the Post Office.  Got a few packages (Charlie's AP cleaner, newborn wool longies, and some other diaper stuff).  I'm still waiting for several more packages.  I won't tell you how many, 'cause I'm a little embarrassed.  I'll share what I get as it comes in, though.  Maybe if it's spaced out, it won't seem like so much?  I'm trying to expand my cloth diaper stash for Zeke, and I've done a lot of that in the last few weeks.  I will be going back to the P.O. later to check my regular mail and hopefully pick up my Charlie's laundry soap so I can get my CDs washed and useable.

I have actually gotten some stuff accomplished today.  Here's my list:

*Wash dishes
*Get laundry out of dryer
*Chop veggies for soup
*Thaw chicken and broth for soup
*Mix up bread dough
*Cook chicken and chop for soup
*Re-package hamburgerScratch this one. I left it in the fridge too long and it went bad. Grrrr!!!!
*Sweep kitchen floor
*Go to Post Office. Still no laundry soap. :(
*Return books to library
*Refill AP flour
*Bake bread for dinner
*Empty dish drainer
*Run/Empty dishwasher
*Pick up Sierra
*Do a small load of dishes

Okay, so that's all I can think of right now.  I will add more later if (when) I think of it.

Hope you all enjoy your Monday Tuesday (three day weekends always mess me up).

2 comments:

Heather said...

I just love how you write, like I am talking to you on the phone. You are so good with words.

Wow got alot done. I would like trying to make bread again. Is it easy, you have an easy easy recipe.

Kimi said...

im happy to see all it well. i miss you. im having one of those day. aunt flo showed up today. earlier than usual. so im uber-emotional. im so home sick! k, im tearing up, i need to go.