Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I have a confession to make.

Well, it's not going to be a confession when my sisters read it. 'Cause they've always known it. Always made fun of me for it. The jerks. Okay, here goes (deep breath in, deep breath out)....

I had bad hair as a child. No really, I did. You think I'm kidding? You say you want proof? Okay, you asked for it.


Tell me that is not horrible. And believe me, that ain't the worst one. I asked my mom once why she let me go out of the house like this, and she answered "Because you wouldn't let me brush your hair!" Well, can ya' blame me? Look at that crazy mess. Imagine the yelling that came out of me when she tried to jam a brush through it. What was my mother thinking? Yikes.

All I can say is, I'm glad The Girl doesn't have my hair. I think The Boy may have inherited it, but he's a boy, and we can just shave it off (which we do). The Girl, however, has beautiful hair. Smooth and straight. Those are the two things I wish my hair had been as a child, and really, the two things I still wish my hair were (was, would be?). She's got The Hubster's hair color (very light brown, but she gets blonde streaks in the summer). The Boy has that hair color too. It kinda' sucks, 'cause I wish I had had a dark haired baby. She's got a slight wave to it, but NO CURL and NO FRIZZ! Praise the LORD!!!! Okay, can you tell hair is kind of an important thing to me? When you grow up with hair like mine, it kinda' has to be. Anywho....

I braided The Girl's hair this morning for the aforementioned Class Picture. I think her hairstyle:


is much better than this one of mine was:


Again with the WHAT WAS MY MOTHER THINKING?!?!?

Okay, one last picture, just to show you how beautiful My Girl is. She looks so much better with her bangs cut.


Okay, I know it's a cheesy smile. But she's cute, huh? I love this girl!

I'm going to post a picture later, after I get back from taking her to school, of my whole famn damily. It's a whopper. But, that's later. Ta ta for now.

1 comment:

Erin (nickname: Erna) said...

I like the feathered look. Thank your mom for that...tee hee hee.

Erin
(The girl who had hair that looked like Corey Matthews from "Boy Meets World")