Sunday, May 31, 2009

A new project.

I haven't officially started on this project yet, but I took the first step today.  I plan on making a Sheepy Sack or two for Emma to wear at night.  I'm going to use wool yarn, so it will not only be pajamas, but it will be her diaper cover as well.  I bought some yarn a while back online, and today I actually knitted a little bit of it.  I made a test swatch so that I could see what my gauge was for the yarn.  I did that so I would know what size knitting needles to order so that the finished product will be the right size.  I thought I'd share a picture of the test swatch, just so you could see the pretty colors of the yarn.  So here it is:

Now I just need to start looking for some more pretty yarn to knit up another one...

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is so pretty!! I wish I knew how to do that. I've tried to teach myself with books and videos but I just can't figure it out. It doesn't help that I'm ambidextrous and neither one of my hands wants to be the one I'm not using very much LOL.

Kimi said...

I love the colors you're using. Maybe your next one should be full of purples and such.