Saturday, July 18, 2009

Instant Gratification!

Some of you know about my new knitting obsession hobby.  I've knitted two sleep sacks and a hat for the baby.  I've got a scarf pattern waiting for yarn, and I've got yarn waiting to be made into tiny little pants.  I bought some yarn, thinking to make another sleep sack, but I decided I wasn't really thrilled with how the last one I made with the same type of yarn turned out.

I saw an article in the newspaper about one of the hospice shops having a scarf contest.  The winner in each category gets sold at an auction to raise money for hospice.  My first thought was to enter the scarf I'm waiting to make, but I didn't want to take the chance of losing the scarf to the auction (selfish, I know!).  So I thought I would use the extra yarn I had to knit up a quick scarf.

The pattern is Instant Gratification by Half-Assed Patterns.  I'm not sure the scarf is contest worthy, but if it's not, I'm sure I can find someone to love it.  I plan on making myself one of these scarves, but with some really colorful, yummy yarn.  Yes, I just called yarn yummy.  If you've ever fondled good wool yarn before, you'll know what I mean.

Anyway, here is a WIP (Work In Progress) picture of the scarf I took last night.  I will come back and post another (better) picture when I'm done.  Enjoy!


No comments: