Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Copy of the email update I sent...

***Thought I'd post this, for all of you who didn't get it in your inbox.***

Okay, I was going to write a blog post about this, but I decided I didn't feel like it right now. So, I figured I'd write a quick email to let everyone know the latest news.

I am going to be induced tomorrow. Dr. Wilson decided it was the perfect day, since he is off, and Renee (his wife and the midwife) will be working OB tomorrow. I am four days past my due date, and I am already 4 cm, 100% effaced, and the baby is at about a +1 station. I'm not sure what method the doctor prefers for induction, but I've heard he likes to do Pitocin.

So, Jason and I will be at the hospital at 8:00 am tomorrow. The kids will come after school with Jason's grandparents. They've got school pictures tomorrow, so I won't let them miss!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we go tomorrow. We're very excited, of course. But I'm a little nervous about getting Pitocin, as I've heard labor comes on hard and fast with it. Tyner's induction, labor, and birth were so easy that I'm scared this one is going to be completely opposite! Also pray for us and the kids as we bring the new baby home; that everyone will adjust well to this major change.

Thanks so much. We will send out pictures (or I will post them on my blog) as soon as possible.

No comments: